Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Saturday, August 16, 2014

10 k time

I competed (showed up to run) my first 10K a few weekends ago. It was a very challenging course. I had done the course a few days before with my aunt Karen because I was  scared that I wouldn't make it through the entire course without dying. My preparation didn't really work because I felt like I was goning to die the entire time that I was running the race. The day I ran it with Karen was so much easier.  It was really hilly and horrible and hot and I smiled when I ran by the cameraman, well I thought I did until I saw the picture but the whole situation was just a hot mess. I had three goals running this 10K one, to show up, two, to do it in under 60 minutes and three, was to not stop running the entire time. I met my two goals by showing up for the race and running without stopping the entire time. I didn't end up getting under 60 minutes, I finished the race in 62 minutes. In the end I was happy that I did it and I can't wait to sign up for it again next year. The story that was posted in the newspaper stated that runners this year thought the course was much harder than it had been in the past.  I never thought that I'd be able to run for 6 miles at a time, especially on my treadmill. I hope to continue this winter being able to run 6 miles at a time so I can increase that time in the summer next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy