Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

It's been a while

I haven't blogged in such a long time. I feel bad but im having a hard time balancing it all. I will get a routine that works but for now, I forget to blog AND the first two days of spirit week.

My girls looked so sad at school this morning when they realized they, and I forgot it was mismatch day. Bummer, I had instant guilt, thinking, if I was less involved in working out, class and work its self I probably would have remembered. Then I remembered how bad I felt before I started this journey. I was about to make an appt with my Dr to discuss what was wrong with me when all of the sudden it was clear. I haven't focused on me in a long time. SO, we missed a few days of spirit week, OH well.

Speaking of working out!!!!!

I have endurance like you wouldn't beleive it right now. The other night when I was out running I thought to myself, I wonder if I can make it another mile. Then I realized I could make it another mile, the question was, would I push myself? I DID, I psushed myself for another three miles, for a total of six miles. It felt great! For some reason I had this burst of energy that just kept me going. I am learning from past mistakes I have made. I listen to my body, when I am tired from running I take a day or two off and circuit train. It burns a ton of calories and the app I use is FREE. I am running in old sneakers, I bought pants at Walmart, and I can only make it to the gym once or twice at the most a week, BUT that doesn't stop me because I am learning no matter what I will continue and go on. When I was running my six miles, I felt a blister forming on my foot but I kept on going. Chris called me because he had to leave and I begged for another mile.... I texted him WHILE running. I never stopped.

My body feels much better energy wise, I will say I am sleeping like $*&! I am pretty sure this is due to what time I work out but I have tried mornings and I suck at exercising in the morning. I also have had HORRIBLE acid reflux, this too is linked to exercise. I guess I will start taking something because holy cow it hurts. Better a Prevacid than zoloft which is what I thought I needed before starting this journey.

 I weigh in on Friday, I am looking forward to this weigh in. Last week I cheated and weighed in twice. I would much rather wait and see a bigger number. Lets hope for a big one.

I prepped food  this week. I only did it because I needed to take pictures of food for the photography class I am taking. I figured it would give me the chance to try it. I wont be doing it every week by any means but I do plan on prepping food when we travel to NH in June. I will eat some things that are not good for me but all good things must be in moderation. The food prep has made my mornings easier to say the least :) My lunch is packed and I try to get the girls done at night. My poor deprived children have NEVER eaten a school lunch.


I plan on buying myself new shoes this week for my birthday next Thursday, maybe I will get them in the mail on my birthday :) I am going with a decent Nike shoe, I am buying two pairs, one for inside and one for outside. PLUS, it's better to break two pairs in at once alternating them rather than having to break a second pair in down the road.


I guess signing up for the Lobster Festival 10k is JUST the motivation I needed. I am prepared for set backs, I am prepared for obstacles but I am NOT prepared to give up. Tonight I was here with the girls so I couldn't leave to run or go to the gym, I made the best of it and worked out to my free Sworkit app on my phone and burned 540 calories, think of all the excuses I could have made ;)


Hopefully a gym day soon :)

Cheat meals, I'm afraid. I have not gone there. I love the following artical. I was surprised by the no more than twice weekly... I would think no more than twice monthly. The hard part is going it without guilt, I like the term free meal best. 



http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/cheat-meals/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy