Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Monday, October 22, 2012

10/22/2012

Today reminded me of the long days I pulled with travel and work last year. I worked late, Monday is my 5:00 day but today I worked even later. Chris has been on nights so he was pretty much useless this evening. I say this bluntly because he usually has things taken care of better then me when he is with the kids. I know he works hard and is tired so I dealt... I did dinner, homework, snuggles, reading, dog, cat, crabs, clean up, tidy and tuck in on my own. I must say I did well. It's 8 now and I am done for the night. I was on edge... I hate when I am like this, the little NON STOP noises the girls make drive me up the wall. I love cuddling and being with my girls but having them under foot because they desperately need my attention while I have work to do is difficult. I am pulled in all directions at work, when I get home it is hard to go for round two, even if this round should count more. Honestly now that we are done... Well I am done with my "chore" list and the girls are already snoring, I wish I would have snuggled more and left some more work for now. I at least got some laughs and cuddly time as we read stories before bed. I have learned my lesson with letting the girls stay up. They are grouchy as all hell the next day and anything but pleasant to be with. So there is plenty of "evening" left so I will rest and crash early myself. I will rest my tired body and mind and head to bed. The thousands of refills I did, shots I gave, calls I took and patients I roomed are now a thing of the past ... The stress is over. I can TRY to forget about the grown "special" woman I made cry as her husband held her hand and consoled her as she got her flu shot. Seriously she almost made me cry. I am grateful for my job and my family. Tomorrow Chris and I will head to the school for parent teacher conferences and hopefully hear what good little girls we have. Maybe ice cream after! We were going to do a movie but I got a little excited and brought them this weekend with Grammy! He he. Hotel Transylvania was a great movie. Well this concludes my night. Going to go get comfy in bed and watch TV... Something I rarely do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy