Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Friday, August 23, 2013

Prep work, school style

We are prepping to send our little ladies off to 2nd grade. WHAT, when did we get here, and how :/ The girls are excited about starting school. This makes the transition back to school way more desirable. They have friends that they are dying to see. It makes me happy and sad all in one. They are confident in themselves and their abilities but they are also growing up. Ryleigh got the teacher they both dreaded having… this is the second year in a row that she got the stricter, down to business teacher. Devan has a male teacher this year and from what I have heard he is more laid back and the kids really like him. I chuck the your child’s needs input form in the trash every year because I feel I am playing with fire when it comes to delegating and being involved in the decision process for the next years teachers. If things go to hell I don’t want that to be because I wanted things that way. Devan would have not done well with Ryleigh's past teacher. Devan is my laid back silly fun loving girl. She needs a teacher that fosters her creativity and spirit. Ryleigh is all about being smart and getting her work done. I LOVE buying school clothes for the girls. I spend far too much time drooling over cute outfits. I am frugal and get away without spending a ton of money but they always looks so adorably cute, this year’s most exciting buys for the girls are Danskos and LL Bean Dresses, which are oh so comfy and can be passed down and down and then again. Both girls are in a size 8 slim for pants this year. WHOA tall!!! They are in a 13.5 – 1 shoe and size 7 tops. We have their well child check soon it will be interesting to see how tall they are and where that puts them on the growth chart. The girls have grown a lot this summer both physically and maturity wise. They are growing up so fast. The girls enjoy listening to music in their room, when they are not out on the trampoline or riding bikes. We finally ditched the training wheels!!! Yayy. Devan has a new love for dresses this summer. She has realized just how comfy they are. For the first two months of summer she wore one every single day. This is a big change from never wearing them. She even decided that she likes certain shades of pink ;) We had a discussion last night about not fighting her likes, it makes her who she is regardless of who else likes the same thing. Pretty sure this is a twin issue she is struggling with. Ryleigh girl is loving summer, flipping all over the place and being just as sassy as can be. When her new clothes arrived in the mail the other day she waited (very anxiously) for Momma to get home so she could have a fashion show, and that she did. She stood looking a gazillion feet tall and scrawny. She posed for each outfit and Chris and I looked at each other and throught how did we get here. We are ringing out the summer with a vacation for Mommy! Yup that is ten whole days of vacation for me! I love that I get to spend every day with my girls until they go back to school. Life is short and their childhood is not everlasting so I really try to take advantage of every minute I have with them. They are my everything. I love you so very much girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy