Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Working Mom Stay at home mom.

So... There have been several articles being shared on FB lately about stay at home moms. I need to vent on this subject a bit because ... Well I do. I will start with I have done both, I stayed home for four years, I have been back to work for the past four years. Every situation is going to vary to whether being home is harder or working is harder. In my opinion it is much harder to be a working mom. IN MY SITUATION. 

Take today. 

I woke up at 5:30 showered
5:45 woke girls up to eat, I got dressed and did my hair
6:15 showers for the girls, I packed lunches. 
6:35 Girls hair
6:50 Teeth
7:00 start car feed dog
7:15 leave drive to the bank, then  to school.
7:30 drop off at school
7:45 arrive at work
8:00 room first patient and have coffee
12:00 Room last patient out the door
12:15 arrive at school for concert
1:00 Leave school, head toWalmart 
1:45 head home
2:15 Make mud buddies 
3:30 get girls off bus
3:50 start bagging mud buddies 
4:30 get girls ready for cheer
4:45 leave to go to the school
5:03 get back home finish school snacks, valentines
5:45 clean kitchen
6:00 Blog
6:15 Back to school to get kids
6:35 Make something to eat. 
7:00 Brush teeth stories 
7:30 bed for girls clean house
8:00 supposed to run. 
8:45 pick up kitchen, laundry, whatever else needs cleaning 
9:30 crash. 

Stay at home moms have a huge plate no doubt but I haven't take  anything off that plate now that I'm working. The guilt of not being there for your kids is awful. Sending your kid to school when they should be home because you have no vacation time is awful. Being home with the kids has its own struggles like repetition... You can't help provide and sometimes you talk to random strangers. Being a working mom is hard because I always feel guilt on the work end or the mom end. Everyday isn't like today. Some are worse and some are better but in my case it would be easier to be home.  I always thought it would be easier when they are in school but wow these kids schedules are BUSY! Keep in mind I had two infants at once, Chris worked 12 hour nights when they were born, I did it ALL myself. When i was a stay at home mom there were times where I didn't have a vehicle, we shared.  I was home for days on end by myself.  I feel its harder now.  Maybe because I don't make enough money to make it worth it. If I made more money it probably wouldn't bother me as much.  Neither option is easy for sure but my effort and struggles to stay employed are overwhelming at times.

Oh, Ryleighs face is broken out again. Her whole face is splotchy red AND I can't have it looked at because I don't have vacation time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy