Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Almost done with school :)

I am attending school for Medical Assisting and have been for some time now, I am at the tail end of my journey and couldn't be happier. I worked and went to school this summer which was not easy with two kids but I managed to keep a 3.7 GPA. I took my classes online thinking it would be easier and knowing I couldn't afford to put the girls in day care and go to school full time. I figured online classes would be easier but boy was I wrong. They cram a lot of work into a week. My test were timed to make sure you weren't looking up answers which was OK because that means I was actually learning what we were going over. Another problem I ran into was finding a spot to do my clinical work. I live in Maine and the nearest hospital is 30 minutes away and the next after that is an almost an hour. I did manage to secure a site and I will start my externship on Feb 1st. Chris's dads wife and my mom will be watching the girls for me where I wont be making any money during this process. I am excited but a little nervous as well. I am going to have to do a lot of driving to drop the girls off and go to work but it will all pay off in the end. I can't believe I am finally almost done! 2 months of  pure exhaustion and it will be over then I can take my test and become a certified MA. One of the major reasons I am doing this is for my girls, I want to provide more for them as well as set a good example. I never really thought of doing it for myself because I would have given up too easily. Now that I am at the end I realize that I did do this for myself as well. 

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! Yay! That is wonderful! I know you are excited.

    (It has been a while!) I lost my blogroll the other day and found your blog again! Glad to be back.
    Our blog went private - if you would like to read it, please send me an email at pgurley4@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG!! Very cool. I can only imagine how much work it is to go to school and be a mommy. Much credit to you. I hope a big celebration takes place when you finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for almost being finished with school. I imagine you are very busy juggling your clinical work and being a mommy so you haven't had much time to blog ;) Hope you are getting some sleep!

    ReplyDelete

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy