Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Black Friday

I went Black Friday shopping this year for one thing that I planned on getting the girls. I obesess WAY to much to plan out an entire trip shopping and honestly when I saw the Nabi in the Walmart flyer I cringed and was excited all in one. To make things easier on myself I planned to only buy that one item. We know what the girls are getting this year and there really wasn't anything else of that list that was on sale. I have done Black Friday in the past at our local small Walmart. It is not a Super Walmart, and there are around 100 people waiting in line usually. The Nabi is not stock at our local Walmart, with this said I was not sure how many they would have in stock so I went to a larger store that carries them all the time. I waited for 4 hours! They Nabi's originally cost $200.00 and they were on sale for $129.00 this means I saved $140.00 bucks it was worth it! The hard part is not waiting to get in but getting out after you have your item, which by the way I was told I was too late they were sold out. I walked off dissapointed and basically fell over a pile of them trying to stay out of other shoppers way. I don't think the employee I asked even knew what I was talking about. Can't blame him, if I had people diving at me for directions and answers I would probably have said the same thing.

There was some controversy over Black Friday on facebook and other blogs I follow. One of which is the most materialistic person I can think of HA. I guess she does not see it, I do.  Honestly I think if you don't like it you shouldn't participate. I don't post to mothers who go "out" s how bad it annoys me or how your house is trashed makes me feel ... because it is not my business, I do things differently and it is not my place to put my opinion in on your their way of doing things.

You can see my opinion to all the negative facebook'ers bellow.


Can I just say that there was no foul play in my experience Black Friday shopping, it was my time that I chose to spend with my sister shopping. We met random strangers who went back for toys for us, helped others by passing toys, laughed and kept each other entertained while we waited in pure exhaustion. I work my butt off and if I want to shop on Black Friday to provide my children with the Christmas my mom always dreamed for us kids, then I will and I would appreciate not being made to feel like I don't give a crap about Thanksgiving because I went and bought a materialistic item on Thanksgiving. I would have been in bed otherwise not celebrating at that point. The item I went out for was an educational tablet for my kids who according to their teacher at their parent conferences, have not yet used a computer in their class this year because of the shortage of computers. Providing my daughters with this tablet was only going to happen at sale price, I was not willing to pay $400.00 to do this. I basically bought one got one free, I sinned, it was Thanksgiving but it was important to me. I have heard all of your opinions now there is mine. And for the record my kids get few presents each under the tree each year because believe it or not us as a Black Friday family, we believe and know what is really important. Some of the stories about yesterday and today are just awful and unacceptable but there have been a few people bashing the whole experience before it was even here. We don't all have greed in our hearts we just want our money that amounts to less and less to go a little further.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy