Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Santa


So this morning did not go as planned as far as the excitement with our elf Pippa. Instead of looking at her mischeif (hanging upside down from the cupboard drinking maple syrup from a straw with left over halloween candy strewn all over) the girls asked Chris is he set her up, because... this part make's me want to cry... "Santa is not real" followed by _____ told me there is no such thing as Santa. I seriously wanted to cry then and there. I knew eventaully we would get here but honestly I wanted them to believe for a while longer, a long while longer. I don't want 6 year olds that don't believe in Santa. :( I was upset that a child would tell my children this, this is how it goes I know but I am still sad. I explained to the girls that St Nicholas was a real person and his spirit lives on inside of us. He created a magical Christmas feeling that puts holiday spirit in all of us by his selfishlessness. Then my girls asked if heaven is real? I told them that was for them to determine, I myself will see it before I believe it. I explained that it is not fair for someone to tell them what they should believe. I explained that St Nicholas was real and walked our earth for sure. Devan was so upset about this particular child making an impression on her opinion with Santa that she refuses to think about her beliefs in god and has determined that nothing this child believes is real. Devan said "How could she believe in heaven when she has not seen it if she can't believe in someone who really existed." I never thought this converstaion would be so in depth and involved with religion and I feel for my girls trying process what they beleive. I just feel bad that their opinion is wrapped up in another childs. I asked my girls not to discuss their beleifs with this child anymore, I don't want our opinion on god passed on to her as her opinion on Santa was passed on to us. Ryleigh left happy as a clam hoping Pippa would be there when we returned because she believes in her. Devan believes in St Nicholas at this point but as far as Santa goes we have work to do in this, I have worked hard in the past to make Santa magical and real, he ripped his coat in the door one year, there are boot brints on the floor, a mess from the reindeer and the list goes on. I have hope for her still, she will come around and see but for now there is a damper on the magical feeling for sure. Gosh I hope they don't go to school and tear this kid apart. I am going to search high and low for the best looking Santa before we go this year! I want a real beard to pull and I would love Santa to know a bit about the girls. Letters for sure! I can't wait for Devan to get off the bus today, she asked to stay home and snuggle me today all day. Lately she has felt the need to snuggle a lot! I love days where I am home with them in the afternoons! I think a Christmas craft is in order for today. Love them girlies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy