Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Monday, June 24, 2013

FIRST IMPRESSIONS WHEN YOUR PATIENCE ARE WEARING THIN.

I sometime wonder after newly meeting someone what the heck kind of impression I  made. Not that it should matter, and I am not trying to please anyone. I would however prefer to not walk away leaving people wanting to call DHHS. Obviously blowing this out of proportion but today could have easily been one of those days. We attended a birthday party, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CODY :) The girls had been annoyed with each other all weekend. They have played with spurts of being the biggest pests to each other. They fought on the twirly fire pole, the argued over which goodie bag was theirs and the list goes on. I tend to be on the go with the girls A LOT. We are rarely ever home bored wishing there was an adventure for the day. With that being said, when we are home the girls have seamed to forget how to entertain themselves. They will play for hours, they then lose focus and start arguing. This weekend we were fairly busy but we also had a decent amount of home time. My nerves were on fire at the birthday from speaking to the girls several times over the last few days. To make it even better, I now have seven and a half year olds that throw a fit and sulk when they are told they are out of line. Maybe I have just had it too easy all along. I am not used to the attitudes, WOW. After several arguments and looks of I so don't like you right now mom, I couldnt take anymore.  I was having an adult conversation when my seven year, standing on a two and a half foot high dinosaur, started YELLING my name over and over,. Seriously kid... I was talking. I just watched you over and over scale a set of 10 foot high rainbow monkey bars. Your dino stunts are less them impressive especially where you just interrupted me and blew my last nerve.  I quickly said nicely as I could that it was rude to interrupt my conversation to show me the 100th thing she had done on this, now obnoxious purple dinosaur. (really I think it was my kid that was being obnoxious) But my point is, the mom I was talking to probably left thinking, wow lady, but then again she is a mom, she gets it. It still makes you wonder. Some days are better then others. There are days I never have to speak to my kids. They generally are VERY well behaved. Melt downs are rare, they know the rules. The only real issue we have is the button pushing between the two of them. I came home to meet Nanny for a visit. She had planned a surprise sleepover for the girls that I didn't even know about. Just in time Nanny, so I cleaned and organized their room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy