Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

My girls ended their school year making me one proud Momma :)

Nothing in this world could make me happier than seeing my kids strive, healthy and happy.

This weeks was the last week of school. I wont lie the last few weeks have had their ups and downs and have been stressful and exciting.

Chris and Ry required some medical attention. Ry was exposed to pertussis and came down with a cough. Chris has either intestinal issues or his case of shingles he had at 21 has caused nerve damage that will continue to haunt him for the rest of his life. He gets excruciating pain that pretty much brings him to his knees. A few scary episodes and several tests later we have pretty much ruled out any serious life threatening issues.

A few weeks before school ended the girls did their NWEA testing. They both did great :) Both of them scored high average and high on all categories. Add those results to their awesome report cards and I am very happy.

Both Devan and Ryleigh got the code of honor award at school as well as proficient awards in Math and reading.

We also went on vacation... Well the kids did. Six kids, three moms, lots of sun, two days at story land, a massive hotel and a bear later we are pooped. I remember trying to not let time overtake our vacation. I wanted things as stress free as possible and they pretty much were. I felt so thankful the whole time we were gone.


Tonight is the second to last game for softball. My Devan wants to practice all the time. She is constantly asking me to play ball with her. She went from jumping off the plate at every swing to swinging her heart out and wailing the balls down the field. She gave up all her fears and it has paid off big time. Tonight she got to show her coach just how much she has improved. He picked her up when she got back to the dugout, twirled around with her in his arms cheering the whole time. He now calls her his little slugger. He has a way of balancing tough coach and completely supportive and encouraging like I have never seen before. He is awesome. Because of him my girls love softball.  He has left an everlasting impression on my girls.


Another busy weekend up ahead. I will be off tomorrow until we have Ry's test back confirming that she is pertussis free. Saturday is the softball picnic at the coaches house, Sunday is Cody's birthday party. Whoa summer always come in with a bang. Tonight I am tired and ready for some shut eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy