Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Friday, November 20, 2009

I am thankful for

With the holiday season approaching I am trying to teach the girls what is most important and to be thankful for the things we have. On every day from now until thanks giving I am going to post what I am thankful for that day. Join me if you wish, I know time is precious so you don't have to everyday but participate when you find the time.

Today I am most thankful for my family. On the ride home from school a song came on that brings back a lot of memories, I got tears in my eyes looking back at my beautiful girls in the back seat and realized that life is precious and sometimes too short. The song was Somewhere over the Rainbow, this song is little Gracie's song. Gracie was an angel sent down to teach everyone a lesson. I have never seen such a little body, someone totally dependant on others make such an impression. Gracie's lesson to me was relax, enjoy the time you get with your girls. It does not matter how long you get but how you spend that time. I have/had anxiety when it came to the girls. This is something I am not familiar with other then with the girls. I still checked to make sure they were breathing at night (more then once) I was in constant fear, this is a fear all mommy's understand. The fear is born along with your babies and never goes away. For me I made all decsions around this fear... that was until I got to meet Gracie. I watched her parents hang on to her last days, hours, and breaths. Her parents, My cousin and his girl friend were so mature. I sat back and noticed that they were trying to take in every last minute they got with Grace, not fearing for what was to come, they would handle that when they got there. As I watched and stood with my family, peace came over me and I knew that everything would be OK. I could relax and enjoy my girls. As well as the fear that was born so was courage, maturity and the ability to deal with the unthinkable. I am thankful for my family immediate and distant they both have huge lasting impressions on me.

Gracie, you are missed dearly by many. I will never forget your lessons. I told your Mommy and Daddy how I felt in a poem and they told me that many people had learned something from you. I am sad when I think of how cute it could have been to see you and the girls play together. They still ask me from time to time, "mommy is baby grace still with the angels?" I tell them yes she is with Grampa Paul and Grampa Jack and Ben dog they are all with the angels. The girls will never forget Grace all of their dolls are named Grace. Nobody who got to meet sweet little Grace will ever forget her.



Beautiful Gracie




Grampa Jack and Devan



I miss you so much Grampa Paul, Grampa Jack and Gracie.

Grampa Paul Thanksgiving reminds me so much of you. I will be sure to eat a cooked onion for you this year.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Rebecca. It sounds like Gracie touched many lives in her short life. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy