Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Play Doh, Oh no

It's eight in the morning and we are already in full swing at our house. The girls have been begging for an hour to play with the play-doh they got for Halloween. Play-doh is on a list along with bubbles in my head. This list is... things that were invented to drive Moms crazy. Maybe it is the play-doh tracked all over the house and into the rugs or the girls wanting to play with it for ten minutes then they are ready to move on. Bubbles, my least favorite, sticky, drippy and the infamous mommy look at me "I am doing it"... bubbles and spit in your face. I think moms all have a list that we keep in our head and dread when we see these things opened up at birthday parties, Gee Grandma thanks for the drum set...

This morning went surprisingly well, the girls played while I got to drink an entire cup of coffee. I had just put my cup down when I heard "Mommy come look at my elephant" I was getting up, ready to tone my voice into the sweetest "wow honey that is a good job." When I got to the table to my surprise there was a elephant there. I was so happy and Ryleigh was so proud of herself. Its funny from the time the girls were little I watch other kids doing things that they have not accomplished and it seems like days later I am watching my own kids catch on and learn. I was wondering when they were going to give up making snakes and pancakes and attempt some lovely play-doh art... I wonder what comes next? They played with the play-doh for over an hour, so I am removing it from my list ... for now.



Ryleigh Girls elephant





Devy doo's hamburger



Ryleigh's cake

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I hate play doh, but other, well. She did a great job with the elephant.

    My girls loves play doh and bubbles, so I understand you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is way cool. It totally looks like an elephant :) I know just how you feel. I only allow play doh to be played with outside LOL

    ReplyDelete

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy