Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Moo Moo




The girls go through phases, some longer then others. We have a few that have followed them along the way since they were little babies. Their blankies for one, the story of the yellow silky blankie goes like this.

It was getting to be time to put the girls down for their morning nap, I laid them on the floor in the living room with the same white blankets they always used. The girls had awful reflux and threw up almost every bottle they ate. This morning was no different. I was in the kitchen doing the dishes when I heard one of the girls spit up. She had gotten her blanket soaked so I went to the closet to get a new one. I grabbed the first one, they had tons from my baby shower, it is beyond me how I ended up grabbing this particular one. I covered her back up and went back to the kitchen... this is when I heard the ear piercing scream. Mommy's know what each scream means and this was I am hurt scream. When I ran into the living room I was supprized nobody was hurt. We had a blankie bandit, there was one of my sweet girls with two blankets and the other with nothing screaming. I went back to the closet and grabbed the other blnaket just like the other I had just grabbed moments before. As soon as the blankie was in her hands she never made another peep, and from then on they have been proud yellow silky blankie owners.



The second phase that has followed the girls for almost their entire life is the Moo Moo's. Moo Moo is a blue beanie moose they got from a special friend of mine. I used to watch her little boy, well used to be little boy. She is the most courageous woman I know. She can take a situation that would tear me to pieces and over come it like it was nothing. Nobody should have to be faced with one of the things that her and her family have been through let alone all of them. I don't know how she keeps her head held so high and goes on, but I am glad she does it. She means a lot to me and my family, we love her a lot.
She bought Moo Moo for the girls when they were around 4 months old and they love them. Moo Moo has gone every where we have gone. He went into surgery with Devan, he is awesome at soothing sick babies. Weird he is just a stuffed animal but I couldn't have done it with out him. The girls were sure to never leave Moo Moo behind. These days they try to be cool and not need Moo Moo so much. But as soon as they get a temp or a boo boo I am searching for them. He is usually always found in their bed, hidden but there.
Thank you Lisa!










2 comments:

  1. We have very special, can't be replaced blankies too :) It's funny how they attach themselves to certain items.

    I love ow cute they are with Moo Moo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, the security items are SO important! Pretty sure my girls have a few favorites that will be going off to college with them:) Love the pictures of your girls!

    ReplyDelete

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy