Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Passing.

When someone you love passes. Rest in peace Matt. You will be missed.
MATTHEW DAVID RANKIN Born July 30 1986 Died December 7 2013 Matt, who was also affectionately known as “Matty”, passed away peacefully, at his home Saturday morning. Matty was born in Rockport, raised in Searsport and educated in local schools. Matty was a loving father, son, brother, nephew, uncle, cousin and friend to many. He adored children especially his daughter, Kaylah who he loved with all his heart and would often brag about her to anyone who would listen, Kaylah was the love of his life. Matty was extremely close to and will always hold a special place in the hearts of his nieces and nephews as well as many of the other children in his family. Matty was also expecting his second child next summer. Matty will forever be remembered for his big smile, infectious hugs and his extremely caring nature. He always let everyone close to him know how much he loved them. He had many special people in his life; one in particular was his look alike cousin, Sean Anderson. They had a bond that could not be broken. Matty leaves behind his daughter, Kaylah Shane, his mom Ruthie Dodd, father William Rankin, significant other Amber Peters, sister Jessica Sanborn and her husband Ryan, brothers Nathan Dodd and his partner Santana, Ben Rankin and his wife Amanda. Aunts Kim Pauley and her partner Brad, Kathy Pauley and partner Warren Ard ,Karen Winslow and husband Bill, Diane Rankin, Lisa Dow and husband Dana and Kathy Jackson. Uncles Scott Pauley and his wife Cheryl, Jason Pauley and wife Kim, Mark Rankin, Mike Rankin, Robert Rankin and his grandparents Bob and Margo Rankin, June Pauley and Julianne Hyatt and some very special nieces and nephews. As well as several cousins to which he considered his best friends and always stayed connected to throughout his life. The service will be at Riposta Funeral Home 12-13-13 @ 5-6 for visiting hours service will 6-7 182 Waldo Ave, Belfast, ME 04915 Matt is predeceased by his grandfather Jack Pauley and an uncle David Rankin.


He was my cousin, we played for hours and hours when we were kids. I cherish the times we had as adults. His little girl is in my heart.

What a beautiful service <3 br="" for="" i="" matt="" nbsp="" piece="" s="" service.="" this="" wrote="">

I have a lot of questions when it comes to faith, not questions that I want answered by anybody else but myself.. A lot of my questions are stemmed from doubt. Doubt that in my life I will realize should either fade or stick around. Each circumstance that we are put in makes us who we are and affects our beliefs. I will look for answers when I need them, I am not naive and I am open to all possibilities and no where to look. I take time with decisions and may seam like a lot is in one ear and out the other but when I am alone, I think a lot and really give multiple circumstances a fair shot.  My daughters explained what heaven was like to me. They have a religious friend at school who has made every attempt to save my poor children... Ha, see, save to me is give them a good life, food shelter, hugs kisses and let them know you love them to eternity and back.  teach them to have an open mind and choose their own beliefs.  I listened to them, and I liked what the had to say, they were not pushing. Their sweet innocent little soles saw their family hurting and wanted to help. They told me heaven was a copy of earth, they even mentioned it having a Duncan Donuts, seriously I think this is what sold me. But really it did. I saw Matt sitting at a Duncan Donuts watching us, with a smile on his face. No hurt. It was his time. I have learned from trial and error that everything in life happens for a reason. Matt passed because his great big giant, teddy bear heart couldn't take seeing his family hurt for him anymore. So he sits at Duncan Donuts, or most likely, by your side, or on in the bleachers watching his daughter be an amazing young lady. I smile inside when I think of his clear mind. His energetic full of life spirit will no longer be crushed by demons that put him through so much pain. Its gone. I for now have added heaven with Duncan Donuts to my beliefs and will go from here, hey a couple 8 year old's take is just as good as someone eases right?  It's how I have found some peace. Rest in peace matt.
I hold all of our memories close to my heart, I can still feel the last hug you gave me. You held on forever, I will too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy