Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Run Forest Run


My love hate relationship with running. Bottom line I LOVE the feeling I get from running, but the feeling I have before I make myself run is downright awful at times.  Recently I had started the 5Krunner app. totally kicks c25k’s butt. It is great. I was ¾ of the way through the app and never felt like I was going to die running. I am not really sure what happened but I fell off the wagon and once again, I am dreading starting back up again. Boo. 

 

I am not giving myself a choice though. I am signing up for the Color Run in June; the run benefits the Barbara Bush Children’s hospital. My Friend Sami’s little boy Garrett received excellent care there. Garrett finishes 40 weeks of chemo therapy this week! Go Garrett. Cancer free. Our team name is Garrett’s Crew!  Talk about running for a great cause! I have a goal this year of five 5k’s. I think, well I KNOW I can do it. I just have to want it bad enough to actually do it, and I do. Please stay motivated.

 

I always feel reluctant about putting my life of my blog. I got in my head somewhere along the road that this blog was for my girls. I want to print it and give them each a copy when they graduate high school. It is basically my way of bottling up my feelings and sharing them with them forever.  I don’t know why I don’t keep track of things that only pertain to me on here.  Maybe subconsciously I am afraid of losing and having it written in stone that I failed. They need to see these struggles though. They need to see how effort pays off and the opposite side of that as well, where not putting in one-hundred percent leaves you with results you are not proud of.  I will add this challenge because I want it really bad. I need to prove to myself that goals set can be reached, set backs are setbacks not an ending to something that could be great. I will not give up on at the very least completing the Color Run, Barbara Bush 5K.  That part will be easy because I can’t give up, Garrett couldn’t. If you need motivation to run a 5K, Pick something you are truly passionate about and run. It will be a piece of cake. I am not saying that the training will be no big deal because I struggle with consistency but trained or not I will finish the 5k. I am fully capable of pushing myself, I am just better at it in public at an actual event.  This is the first step in the journey of really believing in myself.  I can’t and won’t let myself down. I need this step to do many things in life that I have huge doubts about. It’s not always easy but you should rely on yourself as a person more than anyone in life. I think that it is why it hurts so badly when others let you down, when you know that you are not strong enough to pick up the pieces by yourself. I want to prove to myself that I, without the support of others and with negative feedback at times can accomplish my dreams. I can do it. If I don’t have someone in my corner I will be there for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy