Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Weekend shenanigans


The girls and I had a great weekend l, Chris was on twelve hour night shifts all weekend.

On Saturday the girls and I went to Randi's for the morning. Coffee, baby snuggles, Mario, and great company. That afternoon Sarah and Levi came over for the night. I rarely get to see my ADORABLE little nephew so this visit excited me beyond belief. We went out to eat at Applebee's and Sarah was a bit excited to say the least to enjoy a meal while I took care of the baby. She litteraly ordered herseld a serloin and eyed me from across the table and said "Are you OK with him, because I plan on enjoying this meal" I replied with "I got this, eat up" and that is when the little stinker fussed when I put him in his seat. I ate one handed with a baby in my lap for the first time in a LONG time. I fear I am losing my touch though, I forgot how to feed a baby and couldn't get the darn carseat in it's base for the life of me. If you know me then you are thinking, really?   We headed home to have a dance party. It was so cute to watch the girls bust a move ;) They normally listen to country because they often listen on their tablets,  they ALAWYS have music playing. and country music makes me feel like they won't be completely corrupted. New hip and newer music they listen to once in a while in the car but I'm picky. For reasons like, "Hey Mom, this lady on the wrecking ball looks like she is naked" I replied with "yeah she has underpants on girls"  Some of these songs these days are awful.  I had no idea, or the girls for that matter, that they can dance. It was so cute. Ry said "I'm so glad my Dad is not here, I would be so embarrassed"  what a fun night. The next morning Sarah and Levi headed home and the girls and I headed outside to play in the snow.  We walked into the woods, less than a half mile from our house there is a beautufil trail in the woods.  We love to explore and go four wheeling, we can get to the pond on the snowmobile, or just take walks. My plan was to go on a signifigant walk pulling the girls in their sled. That is when I thought, if we run into a bear, it will most likely be hungry. I should have at the very least brought the dog. We only walked a bit longer before heading back home. BUT while we were out in the woods we took in the beautiful world. I love weekends with family time! I loved getting to see my sister and nephew, I hope to spend some time soon with my brother and his wife (also my BFF) I usually go there for the night because spending a few hours with my nieces and nephews once or twice every couple months just isn't enough. Our family certainly is not perfect but we definitely love each other and want to be big parts of each others lives. I loved watching Ry scoot closer to Sarah on the couch and look at her like she thought she was so cool , the girls love their auntie so much. My heart is happy now.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy