Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Friday, January 17, 2014

This week

ITS FRIDAY :)  This excites me a lot today.


Last nights facebook post sums up how I feel about today,

I feel like the frikken little engine that could right now... I think I can I think I can ... Not like I have a choice or anything. Thank goodness for Friday! I am overwhelmed with anxiety over one more day of work for this week... Hence the little engine. I even bought new scrubs and despite my awesome new scrubs I still am dreading the day. I never even dreaded awful school when a new outfit was involved. Rant over, buck up.

I don't feel nearly as bad this morning as I did last night. 

Randi, Cody and Hailey came over for taco's last night. I love little breaks in life's fast pace, to focus on what really matters. Their company was truly appreciated, it can get lonely when Chris is on long 12 hour night shifts.  

I thought of an idea this morning, it hit me and I am so glad it did. I told the girls that they each get one day this summer to plan a day to do whatever they want. I quickly inserted no, Fun Town, Story Land or Fairs. I don't thoroughly enjoy these days like our days at the beach or parks. 

Devan picked going to Birch Point Beach for the day to explore. 

Ry picked Belfast, (candy store) the park and foot bridge. 

I am sure they will change their minds a time or two but I am looking forward to whatever they pick. 

I plan on exploring a few new places this year as well. My little ladies are getting bigger so jumping in the car and taking off is getting easier. Plus nine times out of ten I am with the girls myself because of Chris's crazy work schedule. Nights, days, nights days... random days off. 

Spring is a long time coming but it is next of mother natures agenda, even if it will take months to get there. 

Which brings me to running, (even though I am now late) OH well its Friday and I have an I don't care attitude, walk of shame, I am late today :) This is more important. 

I ran the other night, it was rough I wont lie. We have some "water" issues in our basement from all the thawing the last week or so. The water usually pools in one corner but it has made it's unwelcomed way over to my treadmill. I took the chances and ran anyway. I took of where I had left off over a month ago and well, I thought I was going to die, but I didn't stop. I had runners stitch in my side like I have never had, I held my side and breathed exercises that usually give me some relief. To top it off I was almost late picking up the girls at cheer and showed up at the school in workout attire, including a sports bra with my face red and covered from head to toe in sweat.... AND I didn't care.  I plan on running every night, that way if I miss a night it is no big deal. I ran two miles in 28 minutes, pretty pathetic considering my first 5k I finished in 29 minutes. Oh well, its not about the speed its about making healthy choices. I can't wait to run tonight. SPRING, oh I can't wait to hear nothing but nature and my feet hitting the pavement. Can't wait. I need to MAKE myself run outside the next seasonably warm day we have. 

The girls are getting ready for school as I type, its earl release and their Nanny is picking them up today, I just heard Devan say "fist pump me Ry, I'm so pumped"  HA HA HA. I love them. Now time to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy