Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Gahh, the weight has lifted.

 



By the weight has been lifted I don't mean my constant struggle with my weight; I am referring to the working Mom schedule weight, that rides on my shoulders.







Working for me is a must, for more reason’s then just the financial aspect; for instance my sanity. I loved being a stay at home mom, I did it for four years, but I also needed more, even if it was just part time. Twins in day care, part time is really not an option. You don’t make enough to cover the cost of daycare. Last year my schedule was atrocious. I worked a 40 hour week plus drove an hour to work each way. Chris’s schedule rotates over and over, a combination of 12 hour shifts (nights and day) and it flat out SUCKS to work around. So the stress of the girl’s schedules falls on me. I recently took a job that allowed a much nicer schedule plus I am 20 minutes from work now! The schedule was nice, but got even better when the doc I will be working for decided to work around her kids school schedules.




SO, my new schedule goes like this.

Monday 7:45-5 Chris can watch the girls all Monday’s with the exception of 4 all year.

Tues-Fri 7:45-3 I will be out in time to get the little ladies off the bus.







This allows me to work almost full time! The best part is, the girls will only be in before school care for an hour each day, versus the after school program which is from 3-5:30 every night (like last year) I GET TO BE WITH THE GIRLS EVERYNIGHT! FOR SPORTS AND ACTIVITIES. I am so excited this opportunity is a pure blessing! On Monday’s the girls will be with Daddy! I hate getting home at 6:00 and having to put the girls to bed an hour and a half later. We get no quality time together and there is hardly enough time to shower, home work, eat and stories. Plus there is a HUGE difference in daycare expense. I am going to LOVE the upcoming school year. I am not dreading it half as much now that I know I will see my girls more! Bring on first grade.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy