Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday 8/12/12

Tie die, reading and writing.

With summer wrapping up I am trying to squeeze a lot of fun into a little bit of time. I am definitely not the parent that can't wait until summer is over : / I am looking forward to what first grade has to offer, I am sad weekends will be spent on homework and relaxing. I dread wishing for the next summer, I dread next summer in general, my girls will be 7 1/2. Gosh I love them. I want them to dream big and explore as many opportunities as possible but letting go is going to be so hard. Good thing I have at least 12 more years with my sweet little ladies at home <3 p="p">


I think the girls could stand to use some time away from each other, today was down right awful at times. They are snappy and sassy with each other. Chris found Devan slamming Ryleigh's dresser draws shut as Ry opened them. She was standing there with a grin on her face. I just wish they could be kind to each other when they get this way. I fear they will not have a strong friendship sometimes. I tend to overreact when I see them fighting because I want so bad  for them to be close to each other when they are grown.

Speaking over overreacting, the other night Devan was naughty and I paused before speaking to her. We have been over this particular "crime" a thousand times and each time she goes right back. I talked with her after counting to 30 so I would not blow up at her. After I was done she said "hey Mom great job on your breathing and relaxing before talking to me" Seriously Devan. Even when you are in trouble you crack me up. 

I guess testing my patience is going around, In the car on Friday, when I told Ryleigh and Devan we were taking it easy this weekend, Ryleigh told me she never gets to do anything fun on the weekends. I was appalled, really Ryleigh, two camping trips and every weekend packed full of swimming parks and play dates. Once again I over analyze and think my kids are incapable of being appreciative.


We spent the (according to Ryleigh) boring weekend doing nothing. Ry, I am documenting here for you to see we did have fun. We made tie die shirts with Randi, Ariana and Cody. Then we spent the weekend cracking down on reading and writing. No more sugar coating this summer we have work to do. 



2 comments:

  1. Devan's writing reminded me of something that we talking about @ Sean's Bday party. We were talking about animals in general. I asked them if they had a dog what would they name it? Ryleigh speaks up and says "Mom should do that, she is good at names". Deavan says" But we can't have a dog Grammie, Mom says".

    ReplyDelete

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy