Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ted, Missing my girls, and more reading.

Ted!




I am seeing this movie again, in the theater (hopefully with Momma Bear). It was by far the funniest movie I have seen in a long time. The little ladies, had a sleep over at Karen’s house with their cousin Leighton, Chris and I took this opportunity to go see a movie. We met up with Clint and Randi, grabbed some popcorn and found our seats. The bear also the star in the movie, Ted, is highly inappropriate. This is what makes the movie; he is a sweet innocent looking bear that is downright crude.



I left for work this morning and instead of driving by Karen’s house where the ladies were, I stopped and gave them each a hug and kiss. They are so cute! Karen gave news of good behavior, and the girls were thrilled about getting to swim in the pool at night before bed. I can’t wait to have them back (after work tonight)! They are excited to come home mostly for the (I can’t believe I am letting them have one) Baby Bottle Pop. A lolli pop, sugar filled, dipping, all sugar, nasty concoction, which would have died for as a child. I bribed the girls with it the other night when they wanted nothing to do with reading and writing, I made up a points system and told them if they each earned 10 points while reading and writing that night I would buy them one. They earned points for impressing me, trying hard, and sounding out rather than guessing, helping each other, they also lost points for not having a good attitude. I have never seen them happier to learn. They are smart girls; they do well in school they just didn’t want to set up school at 7:30 at night. I can’t say I blame them, but unfortunately that is about the only time we had where we are so busy. They have wanted these awful pops for some time, and they earned them hands down! I am going to continue learning incentives until summer is over. We are going to have a point system for reading books and writing stories. Depending on how many points they have at the end of the summer (just a few short weeks) I will determine the award. I am thinking a Wal-Mart gift card, or a trip to the movies, who knows for sure yet but it will be fun regardless. I want to make learning fun for the girls, I HATED reading as a child, I believe this was all out of stubbornness. I was not going to read a story someone picked out for me and told me to read. I LOVE to read now; I would read a book a weekend if I had the time. I would love for my girls to be bookworms; I want to set them up for success. They will (with all the effort I have) be the children that love being lost in stories. I know that at least one of the girls will love to read. They sit with my books and dream of being able to read them. I will find them from time to time with a big Disney Story book “reading” to a pile of stuffed animals. When they were around 2, I would read the same Arthur book over and over and over. I swear I read that book 5 times a day. I actually knew the whole book by heart.  We love to read chapter books at our house, I read the girls the book The Wind and the Willows at the age of 4. They sat for chapters at a time keeping focus, and dreading when it was time to set the book down. They take in every detail too, years later and the both know all the characters names and the entire story. I am one proud Momma, readers, or not, top of the class or not I love them with my whole heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy