Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sleepover

I will admit sleepovers can be more overwhelming then enjoyable at times. There are times I bite off more than I can chew and at some point think to myself what the hell was I thinking.

I took my niece and nephew overnight and even with a headache that made my head spin, I never reached overwhelmed. The kids played so well together. I wish I could come up with the words to express how peaceful and warm my heart has felt having them here. Memories of sleepovers with my cousins resurfaced and new memories were made. There has been a lot of laughing, and negotiating between all of them. I love how they include each other :) Sophie has stuck by my side asking a million questions with her soft spoken voice. She is in awe with the girl’s room. Coming out with bracelets half up her arm with armfuls of trinkets. It has been a while since they have had a sleepover and this time it feels so different. Almost magical. Maybe that is what happens when time passes without you knowing it and you realize in the moment just how much our family is growing up. Julian who is shy and reserved in crowds is a clown, having the whole table in stitches. Sophie has grown from toddler to little girl with opinions and questions galore. We set up a huge train in the living room, turned the girl’s room into a horse pasture and made a big huge mess out of this house. Instead of stressing to keep things clean I relaxed and enjoyed the kids. Played with them and made my own messes.

FAVORITE MEMORIES

As I was telling the kids that I was half asleep at 6 in the morning still, I showed them how crazy they had been since 4:30 in the morning I knocked a family sized brand new box of Lucky Charms onto the floor and watched it spill all over the kitchen floor. THEY LAUGHED SO HARD. It was pretty funny :) 

Sophie and I made pizza while the other kids played with the train, she ate most of the mushrooms that were supposed to be on the pizza :) Then when the pizza was in the oven she lined up all Devan's owls on the floor in front of the oven to watch over the pizza. 

Julian took full charge over then fun with the train delegating roles and making every detail on numerous situations. I love to hear him play! He is very creative. 

Sophie came out from playing horsies and took me by the hand to come play saying "Auntie I need you" 

Ryleigh, Devan, Julian and Sophie were little comedians at the table :) All laughs. 

Devan and Ryleigh shared their most loved toys with Sophie making sure she was happy and at home :) They were full of pride having their cousins over. 

Four Wheeler RIDES :) 

Karen coming over covered in sweat from head to toe in her running gear making sure I was alive. Chris left the house at 5:00am. He called Karen at 8:40 after making several attempt to call me thinking I never woke up. Yeah right the kids were up at 4:30 and nobody could sleep through that noise. 

Sophie sat in my lap looking at pictures from the day before, she looked from my coffee cup to the screen several times before saying Auntie I’m thirsty. I gave her a sip and she said "umm I’m thirsty again" She was so cute staring at the cup for minutes before asking each time. 

Sophie LOVES Saiga, his back comes up to her armpit and his head is level with hers. It didn’t take her long to realize he is a gentle giant. She has dragged him all over the house by his collar, telling him sit, lay down and stay. She made up for her bossiness when she shared two cups of crackers with him. I wondered how she ate them so fast. At one point he was laying with his arms around her head and his head laying on her back. I think it is safe to say they are buddies now.
My all-time favorite was when we were at the table and I asked Julian when he wanted to go home the next day and he said with a huge smile, not until the afternoon :) 

LOVE THESE KIDS.

We are off to the park to have some more fun and love each other. I told Crystal to take the day to get her shopping and house work done. I hope she doesn't mind that I'm just not ready to give the kids back. I seriously could spend a week straight with the kids. Well if they slept past 5:00am that is ;)

3 comments:

  1. As my Dad would have said "look what I started".
    I could not be any prouder of all my children.
    Thank you for knowing the meaning of family.
    Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet now you see why I loved having all of you over all of the time. Becca, you are s right time flies by way to fast. It feels as though it was yesterday that Adam Jamie Rhiannon Sarah Seam and you were those children running around my house. I enjoyed every blessed second of our time together and miss it so much! I cherish those memories and I know that you will also!! I have so enjoyed watching you grow up into such a wonderful person and a better mom!!! Love ya to the moon and back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They had such a great time, they both wont stop talking about it...Sophia said she wants twenty owls like Devan and she said she needs her ears pierced, Sean told her its going to hurt, she said " it wont hurt me daddy!" lol Julian said the train was amazing, he explained the whole story they were playing to with it, lol. Thanks for being so good to them, your an awesome auntie/ friend/ sister in law :) love you lots!

    ReplyDelete

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy