Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

50 mm lens

I purchased a 50mm lens with my camera back in February, with class and a million settings I have yet to really play with it. Learning to USE your camera the way it was intended is like learning to drive a car... I am talking mechanics, learning what the settings are for and how they work. I remember almost driving off the road in drivers ed when I had to turn the windshield wipers on, hence the resemblance. It is a lot of work at first. It would be easier to flip the damn thing into auto and click away but then you are left with boring pictures you could be getting with a Kodak Easy Share. Not everyone could learn to really use a DSLR, I have learned this in class, you can know how to operate it but it takes seeing potential to really use a camera. We had a night shoot in Camden a few weeks ago and were all pointed out a few spots to take pictures, I most of the time turned back to the class to get pictures of something entirely different because I don't want to take pictures of what everyone else is. This week we focused on portrait photography, great time to break out my 50mm lens! My assignment for the week was to take pictures of people, I found some people I am quite fond of to take pictures of :) I obviously have a lot to learn, I will always be learning but I am ready for that. I had my camera in my hands from Friday night until Sunday afternoon. I took tons of pictures and was in my glory. I am in no way shape or form awesome but I am creating everlasting memories for my family <3 and="" class="separator" div="" randi="" s="" style="clear: both; text-align: center;">
HAILEY is straight up adorable

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy