Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Softball Continues

The girls had their third softball game last night. Both girls are doing pretty good. Devan is shy and timid when it comes to the ball. SHE IS DETERMINED TO HIT THAT BALL. She is such a spunky little kid. Her coach has been working really hard with her, you can tell that he likes my spunky little Devy Doo a lot. She hit the ball on her second time to bat and made it to first without getting out. Pretty sure her whole team was cheering for her for a good five minutes because everyone knew just how bad she wanted to hit that ball. She ended up making it home too :) Ry is the opposite of Devan, she is confident and puts everything in and is OK with the outcome not being a grand slam every time. She didn't get a hit tonight but learned the importance of swinging within your strike zone.  Their coach said, "I can finally tell them apart, by their personalities" I laughed, he is right on the money. I didn't help when buying leggings and long sleeved shirts I bought the same color, so now they are dressed identical. Oh well, both outfits cost $8.00. I am pretty sure the girls mostly look forward to the post game treat after a win, which has been every game. Coach Mike gets them pizza or ice cream for every win. Spoiled girls. I wont lie, I totally use this as bribery for paying attention to the game, keeping calm in the dugout and paying attention. They simply are not allowed to participate in the fun if they don't make the game the most important part of the evening.  A little tough love never hurt anyone.

Here's to the end of the school year and softball, gymnastics and field hockey this summer. WHOA it's going to be a busy one! I can't wait to see my girls grow into what they they really LOVE. I would guess for my Ry it will be field hockey, cheer and softball and my Doop, cheer, drama, creative writing and lost in books learning every fact in the world. Yesterday she told me, Mom butter milk if good for pigs skin. I asked her where she learned that and she said Chartlottes Web, funny I read that book several times and never picked facts out of it. She is constantly learning facts.


Skeptical about batting.

Her hit! Notice how she is not even looking at the ball ;)

Ryleigh girl up to bat. Coach Mike told her to put her weight into her back leg and laughed and said what weight you have. The girls were less than impressed to be mistaken for T Ball players at the store.

THIS pictures is SO Devan.

Fun and games in the dugout.


A pep talk from the coach.
Dairy Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy