Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Monday, May 26, 2014

You know you are doing ok as a mom...

We have a rule around this house, no TV or electronics Monday through Thursday. Too much to get done and kids sucked into TV while we have stuff and school work to get done is annoying as all h!! We used to have a no TV at all rule but everything is OK in moderation. Tonight Ry asked to play on her tablet and I told her she could. She handed Devan her Nabi (tablet) and Devan said isn't it Monday? ;) YES! I love that they just know. This rule makes my life easier. They don't ask and I don't feel bad saying no all the time. AND no attitude when I say no. Now if we can get Daddy to understand that TV is a no no on School nights.... He caves more than I do, but only after they have their stuff done.

We don't have cable at all, I don't care to have it, I can't find the time to read let alone watch TV. I let the girls watch certain things on Netflix. This world is so crazy and the stuff on TV can be so obnoxious. I don't want sheltered kids by any means but I do want them to stay little for as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy