Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Little Vacationers

As I plan some fun for us in the upcoming months I find myself thinking about all the opportunities the girls have already had. They are pretty blessed! 

Each of our vacations are special in their own way. So many happy memories. For some reason I feel the need to have several get always in their youth. I guess it's the feeling of escaping life to have fun and really enjoy precious moments with my little girls. I never want to look back and think, I wish I had focused more on my kids when they were little. They are obviously the center of my world. They know right from wrong, we don't sugarcoat life's lessons. When they hit the real world they will be well rounded, respectful and determined. Gosh I love them. 

Already haves: 

First trip- Sesame Place in Langhorn PA So fun, the girls, daddy and I went on this trip. We went for three nights and spent two days at sesame place. I highly recommend this park. Very clean. The street parade at the end of the day was the best. The "street" looks like a scene from Sesame Street. The girls were Three on this trip. 

Next up- FL, the girls were just five, this was the winter before they were in Kindergarten.  Just the girls and I went to Sarasota FL for seven days. Daddy wasn't able to get time off at the time when plane tickets were at their cheapest. We stayed with Karen and Bill, it was a blast. First plane ride for my girls and they handled it like champs. We went to the ocean, played in the pool, rode bikes, ate summer food and made wonderful memories. 

Vaca # 3- Aurora Maine. Camping with Sean Crystal and the kids. We had a two story camp directly on Spectical pond. Add canoes, camp fires, little ones splashing and playing on the sandy beach <3 This trip was awesome. We explored, the beach, the pond, the cabin, and woods. There may have been some fresh blueberries stolen from the Wyman Blueberry fields for pancakes. This was the summer before Kindergarten.  

NH, white Mountain tent camping. We were at a family friendly campsite that Chris's fathers family goes to yearly. We spent two nights. This was the girls first trip to Story Land. We drove on the Kangamangus highway, the scenery is beautiful. Check out Lower Falls if you find yourself in the white mountains.  This was the same summer we went to Aurora. 

Next up- Back to Aurora the following summer. The girls had just finished Kindergarten. This time the four of us went with Sean, Crystal and their family. Such a wonderful time. We remembered all of the familiar things we discovered the year before. This year we took the Kayaks, Crystal the girls and I paddled out to a huge rock in the middle if the pond to jump off and swim. My brave little girls. 

Our latest trip- NH with Sami, the boys, and her sister. We had a whole mess of kids, eight to be exact. We stayed at the Attitash Mountain resort. We had a close encounter with a black bear. Played In the pool and chased kids in every direction ;) Story Land was on our agenda! This was the girls second time going. This was a very exhausting trip. We squeezed a lot in, in two days. We saw so much that we wished to explore. This was the summer after 1st grade!

This upcoming summer we have our NH trip booked already. Crystal, Randi and I, oh and our kids ;) We learned from the year before to go longer than two days and a day or two to just explore. We are going for four night! 

We will also be going back to Aurora this year <3 it's been a year since we have been there. I can't wait to make new memories and remember old memories. The kids have grown so much! 

We may throw in a trip to FL to see Karen and Bill this year. That is if we can find plane tickets at a reasonable price. 

This list does not include half the fun we have had, small day trips packed with adventure. Being a Mom is the very best thing that ever happened to me. 

I am so thankful for all the opportunities we have had. I am one lucky lady. 

1 comment:

  1. You sure are a lucky mama! Cant wait for summer!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy