Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Breakthrough

RUNNING, I am newly starting this process again. :/ I run at home at a whopping 5.2 MPH and walk at 3.5 This scares me a little when I think about the upcoming 5k I signed up for at the end of June. Randi and I went to the gym over the weekend twice. I LOVE the gym, I don't have to be creative about burning calories AND it gets me out of the house. My membership is free at this particular gym thanks to my Brother and Sister in law :) I started with the elliptical machine where the treadmills were taken up. I didn't realize what a workout I was in for. After 30 minute on the elliptical the treadmills were free. I ran week three day one of the 5k runner program I was on, I couldn't believe how quickly time went by. I assume it has something to do with not being in a basement alone and being on a better piece of equipment. I ran at 6.5mph and walked at 4.5. I ended the night with 659 calories burned according to my hear rate monitor. The next day my appetite was horrible. I made myself eat all day. I ended up with very few calories. I did 20 minutes of cardio circuit training at home, burned 189 calories doing this. The next morning (this morning) Randi and I were both able to make it back to the gym to workout. I started on the treadmill this time. We were late getting started so I just jumped on without giving stretching a thought. I decided not to use the 5k runner app that I have been sticking to and just RUN. I ran a mile, walked a half mile then finished out with another mile running. It felt so good. I ran at 6.5 MPH each time. I ended up getting on the elliptical for 25 minutes before heading out. I burned 489 calories today. I burned a total of 1,337 calorie this weekend. When I went to the gym in the past I never really put much effort in. I would bounce around trying multiple things. Now when I go I try to spend an hour or more and stick to two things. Next time I hope to give the bikes a try. I wish I could go more than I can but when Chris is on nights and I don't have a sitter it gets difficult. I am going to have to get creative at home. I really am discouraged with my treadmill because I can only go so fast. To be positive though, at least I know that I am working hard and it is the fact that my treadmill is cheap and not that I am not achieving my goals. At home I have come up with squats, sit-ups, push-ups, planking, treadmill, jumping rope and cardio circuits. I just wish it were easier at home :( Tomorrow is my day off where I start photography classes on Monday nights. I am happy and sad, I wont get to see my girl after I drop them off at school on Monday's. They will be in bed when I get home. BOO, they and Chris are looking forward to their Mondays so I really can't complain. Spring is around the corner too, I will get to get outside and run :) I cant wait to see what I burn for calories outside running. Today I felt like I ate all day long, I have 629 net calories logged on myfitness pal for a total consumed of 1,222. My goal daily is 1390, if I reach that goal it makes me feel like I have stuffed my face all day. I am making healthier choices. I will still eat things I like and shouldn't always have I just need to learn to do it in moderation and exercise that day and be careful to eat REALLY healthy around those choices. I made up a whole bunch of grilled chicken for the week so I can have it on salads and for lunch. PROTEIN, its a must! I just need time to pass and I should see results. That is the hardest part, putting so much effort in, making so many sacrifices and pushing so hard and sometimes it takes a good couple weeks to really prove that what you are doing has really paid off. Pretty sure Randi is not looking forward to our next gym trip, I brought a whistle today because she keeps hanging on while she is walking. I told her to let go, she wont burn as many calories hanging on. I also suggested, MADE her do the first day of the 5k runner app. She did really well! I love getting to spend time with friends and better myself. s I wonder if it is normal to feel the need to workout again when you workout in the morning, It's nighttime, I ate a considerable amount of food today and now I am left thinking I should really go workout. I guess I keep forgetting that I already did that once today. Again, back to that time thing, IT WILL TAKE TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy