Rainey Twins Est. December 22nd 2005.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Day 8

I am 8 day into my weight loss journey. I have put A LOT of effort into things this time around. I am learning to think of this process as a life style change rather than a diet. A few things I have learned. 1.) Don't compare your success to anyone else’s 2.) be proud of your work and don't let your results discourage you. 3.) Keep at it 4.) Incorporate bad things into your good. 5.) Accept bad days as good things on the horizon. 6.) Baby steps are better than setting yourself up to fail. 7.) PUSH HARD and be honest with yourself. Today I got on the scale for the first time since RE-starting my journey eight days ago. Normally I obsess over the scale; I know this is oh so bad for me so this time I have decided to do weekly weigh-ins. I am doing all the right things so in time it will pay off. There is no since to punish myself for not doing enough when all that is against me is time. IT TAKES TIME. I am hoping to get a jump start on running before spring is in full swing! I LOVE MY NEW Polar Heart Rate Monitor. I used it last night when I jumped rope for 20 minutes then alternated walking and running on the treadmill for 25 minutes. I am on week three of 5k runner. I wish I could say at this point I could run and finish a 5k like in the past but I am almost 100% positive I would fail :( No good. I am signed up to run for the Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital in June. To top of running for a good cause it’s a Color Run! This will be so much fun. I know I will be able to do it by the time June comes along :) I can run outside so much easier than on the treadmill... Outside there is nature and YOU. I skip the music and take in the outdoors. Ahhhh now I want to go run, like now. Last night I burned 478 calories, I will be honest, I was a little disappointed when I saw that I burned 478, I was hoping for more. The workout that I did was really strenuous. I was a sweaty mess when I was done to say the least. My poor shins were on fire. I am luck to live on a dead in that the girls can ride their bikes on when I run. Just a few more weeks and we will be outside enjoying good old New England Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two beautiful twin girls and a loving Mommy and Daddy